To scrub or not to scrub?! As someone with dry skin, this has always been a question for me. But this was before I discovered the pleasures (and advantages!) of a body scrub. A gentle, cream based body scrub, like the Plum Vienna Coffee Body Scrub, not only buffs away dry patches but also protects and improves the way my skin looks. Hello smoother, brighter, healthier skin!
I just love products that come in recyclable packaging! This is one among many reasons why Plum is one of my favorite brands 🙂 The Plum Vienna Coffee Body Scrub comes in a translucent plastic jar with a white screw top. The scrub inside is clearly visible. Not many scrubs come packaged this way. I like!
When you open the screw top, there is another thin plastic lid that protects the jar from any spillage. The tub is well designed. It’s easy to scoop out the product and use every last bit of it without any wastage.
More information regarding the product is at the bottom of the tub. You can peel off the top layer of the label to read more details.
Can I eat this?! The whiff of coffee, as soon as I opened the lid, took me straight to coffee heaven! And if you are a coffee junkie like me, you will just love how gloriously coffee this scrub smells!
Plum Vienna Coffee Body Scrub checks all the right boxes and more. It’s an emollient, cream-based scrub. It has a very creamy texture with perfectly sized granules which are not at all harsh. It washes off easily leaving my skin smooth, soft and rejuvenated. I still recommend following it up with a moisturizer. I’ve been using it 1-2 times every week for about a month now. So I can safely say that it’s really gentle on my skin.
Add to this the fact that it’s PETA-certified plus free of any toxins or harmful chemicals and you have a winner on your hands (literally) 😉
How to use:
Best used during baths. Wet your body with lukewarm water and apply the scrub in circular motions. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Follow up with a moisturizer. Can use 2-3 times a week.
Walnut Shell Powder, Coffee Bean Shell Powder, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Kokum Butter, Licorice, Jojoba Oil
My reasons for recommending:
- The combination of ingredients is just right for a great exfoliating experience and at the same time one that soothes and moisturizes
- The granules are of perfect size and texture to remove dead skin cells. It does so gently thereby not harming the skin
- Washes off effortlessly
- A deliciously coffee fragrance!
- Good for dry skin throughout the year, especially during winters
- Peta-certified, Vegan, Cruelty-Free
- NO Parabens, Phthalates, SLS or harmful chemicals
- A chance to do our bit for the environment! Join the #Empties4Good movement. Once you’ve used up your Plum bottles, you can call (75064-96604) or email ([email protected]) to arrange for a free pickup. Plum will recycle them. How cool is that!
Points to ponder:
- During summers, would not recommend this for those with oily skin, as it is really creamy. You could use it during winters though.
- Best to avoid using it on your face, however tempting it might be 🙂
- Slightly more expensive than a few other body scrubs (but worth every penny!)
- It is not a foaming body scrub
1. Should I use a scrub before or after cleansing?
This is an eternal question and clearly there is no right or wrong answer for this. I will just say – You do ‘you’! Do what you like and are comfortable with. With this scrub, I prefer using it after a cleanser as it leaves my skin with a nice coffee fragrance! I do follow it up with a moisturizer though.
2. Can I use it on my face?
Maybe not. Even though it’s gentle enough for your body, it’s best to use scrubs specially meant for your face. Facial skin is far more delicate than the rest of your body and you definitely want to give it TLC at all times!
If you are looking for a body scrub that exfoliates as it protects, then Plum Vienna Coffee Body Scrub is for you. Highly recommend for beauties with dry skin, especially during winters. Happy scrubbing!
P.S.: I’m still upset I can’t eat it! 😉